Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index Minneapolis-Moline.com
MinneapolisMoline

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to Minneapolis-Moline Homepage

MM Grain Drill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Minneapolis-Moline Tractor Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ironhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: MM Grain Drill Reply with quote

I just recently purchased a MM Grain Drill. It is probably one of the last ones MM built. It has been kept in a shed and is in good working condition. The paint is good and the decals are also good. I would like to know where I might find and operators manual and owners manual or parts book for this drill. The flow chart on the underneath side of the lid says the settings are for K1, K2 & K3. I don't know if that is the model number or not. I do have the serial # however I couldn't make out the model number on the tag. If anyone can help me find out anything on it I would greatly appreciate it. It is on rubber tires. I am going to guess it is from the late 60's or early 70's.

Sincerely,
Damon Cates
John Grandfield

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damon, Could you post a picture? What is the drop spacing? In another message, you said you had the serial #, could yoiu post it as well? I may be able to help with the manuals, if not Ebay seems to have an ongoing supply, maybe we can figure out what your model # is. Thanks, John
ironhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John. Thanks for responding to my message. I am not sure how to post pictures. But if you can give me some directions I will try to get some up this weekend. Here is all the information I can find on the drill.

Serial # 25901-198
7" Drop Spacing
Manufactured by Kirschmann Manufacturing Co. in Bismark N.D.

I tried again to see the Model No.. It looks to be MMP-O. I don't know if that is even close to right. I don't know if it is an O or a 0. It could just be MMP. I can't say for sure about any of the Model No. I saw alot of Manuals for a P Model on ebay but they all looked to be on steel wheels and didn't look like mine at all. Thanks again for your time in trying to help me.

Sincerely,
Damon Cates
MMDEL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: MM Drill Reply with quote

That is the last drill MM sold which was the same as Oliver. I think I have some extra literature if interested. The genuine MM drills were all galvinized with P Gold iron and red wheels.
MMDEL
Richard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: drill Reply with quote

Think the last drills were model P-90, red with gold lids and rims. There was literature about them on e-bay last week. Also, I had an older MM drill with a galvanized box and red and green frame and wheels. No telling how many different models of drill MM built.
Joe Leising

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: picture posting Reply with quote

read this,
http://jetstar.minneapolis-moline.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=491

If that doesn't work for you, email them to me at tractor_guy at yahoo dot com and I'll put them up.

Joe

Joe, Robin, Olin, and Sydney

Ollie's tractor 1955 BG
Syd's tractor 1937 JT
Robin's tractor 1949 UT

And the rest are all mine!!!! '53 ZB, '51 R, '63 100 L&G '47 Ugggly, '53 BF '50 ZA
ironhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to MMDEL and Richard for responding to my message. Your description is my MM Drill. It has a golden galvanized hopper, some of the frame is gold and the wheels are red. The springs on the coulters are also red. I looked on ebay last week but those drills were all on steel wheels. I will look again. Thanks to both for your help. And please if you know anywhere else I may be able to get literature please let me know. Also do you know anywhere I can get parts. The drill is in excellent shape and I don't need any parts at this time but would like to know if any parts are available and where for future use.

Sincerely,
Damon Cates
Moshka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know how much different yours is from my dads besides his is older one on steel wheels and still used every spring.
My dads MM drill is an 11 ft with grass seeder. i don't remember off the top of my head but i think his is a p-3 or p-6 model. I can look later and let you know.
B.BREBERG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: moline drill Reply with quote

your drill is a "EW" MODEL MOLINE PURCHASED THEM FROM KURSCHMAN LATER TO BECOME A MELROE COMPANY THATS WHERE YOU CAN GET PARTS.THEY ARE ARE GREAT DRILL BUT CHECK YOUR SEED WHEELS IM SURE YOURS HAS NYLON SEED WHEELS IF THEY GET ROUNDED OFF THEY WOULT SEED PROPERYLY AND MAKE SURE YOU MATCH THE SEED SIZE WITH THE WHEELS IF YOU NEED FURTHER INFO CALL ME 5078368571 BRIAN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Minneapolis-Moline Tractor Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: