Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index Minneapolis-Moline.com
MinneapolisMoline

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to Minneapolis-Moline Homepage

Minneapolis Moline MY40 Forklift

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Minneapolis-Moline Tractor Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetstardiesel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Minneapolis Moline MY40 Forklift Reply with quote

Hi there, wondering if anyone can tell me what a MY 40 forklift weighs....I am lookin to get it hauled and need the approximate weight. Thanks for your help!
SWMolines

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe my brother said his weighs around 7500 pounds. Did you buy the one that was listed on e-bay in NJ?
5 Star, 335, 335 LP, Jet Star, Jet Star 2 Diesel, 2 Star Dozer, 2 Star Loader, Jet Star 3, NTX, 706, JTO #45, JTO #30, RTN, M5 Diesel, UBN, YT Engine Remains
jetstardiesel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that was me....I hope I got a good one! Do you have much info on these?
SWMolines

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found have a data sheet on the MY-40 and I was a little low on the weight. THe data sheet says it will weigh about 8300 pounds. I can scan this sheet if you would like a copy. There was also a good article on the forklifts in a recent PGR.

The reason I asked about the location of your forklift is because the same forklift was relisted on e-bay as being located in Phoenix right after yours closed. It is always a good idea to keep a close eye on what people are trying to sell out there.
5 Star, 335, 335 LP, Jet Star, Jet Star 2 Diesel, 2 Star Dozer, 2 Star Loader, Jet Star 3, NTX, 706, JTO #45, JTO #30, RTN, M5 Diesel, UBN, YT Engine Remains
jetstardiesel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SWMolines, if you could scan that sheet, I would really appreciate it
SWMolines

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll make myself a note to bring it into work so I can scan it.
jetstardiesel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we got her home on Friday!....I'm really excited!...Just a quick question....as some of you may know...the fuel tank is built into the side of the unit...I looked inside the tank and it looks a little gungy in there. There is a drain plug in the bottom of the tank. Is there any kind of a soluion that I can put in the tank to clean it out? It can't be removed so there are few options to clean this.....
Kelvin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I was told on YT to do to a lp tank on a ZA that was rusty:

Fill the tank with TSP (tri-Sodium phosphate) solution and water as hot as you can get. This is to get the old gas out of the tank. Let it sit a while. Then rinse with water.
Then fill the tank with solution of Muriatic acid. This will dissolve the rust.

Then rinse with 2-3 tankfuls of hot water.

I do not know reccommended times to let the solutions sit or the reccommended percentages of the solutions . Be sure to use proper safety equipment. I used TSP once and it made me wheeze so use a respirator. If the tank is 1/8" steel, a day or so might be O.K.

I actually tried the Muriatic acid in my Big Mo 400 Military gas tank and in an I.H. UC-60 power unit I was working on and it does seem to get rid of the loose scale in the tank. I did not do the TSP step and I coated the tanks with Red Cote (SP?) after they were dry. I only soaked them 2-3 hours because they were 16 gauge or so steel.

I have done away with the ZA lp tank, It was the last thing on the tractor that was lp and it had a fill nipple welded in the top for a gasoline fill, so I never cleaned it.
jetstardiesel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SWmolines, don't want to bother you, but were you able to find that spec sheet on the M40? Thanks for your help!
SWMolines

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No bother. I have been on company travel. The flyer is laid out for me to take to work next week and scan.
jetstardiesel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am in the middle of repair on the forklift and have come to a stop.I am in the need of new valve seals for the engine. I don't have a parts book yet, so i was wondering if anone has replaced these before and what part number you might have for them....Any part number would help whether it is NAPA or another. Thanks for now!
John Kinsey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best ones are the all teflon seals used on a smallblock chevy. The valve guides will need to be cut for them to fit.
jetstardiesel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, John, that worked great! Now I have another problem...the metal tube that connects he heads together for coolant flow is full of holes...Where would a person find a new one?Thanks for now
Kelvin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep getting them from Wendell Everett 740-922-3335. Welter's probably has them too. 417-498-6496.

There are 2- 1 between heads and 1 between blocks. If the one betwixt the heads is bad, the other probably is not far behind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Minneapolis-Moline Tractor Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: